Wednesday 21 November 2012

Darkroom Record Template

  Well i still haven't got my scanner fixed.  I have done loads of prints over the past few weeks and im dying to upload them onto this blog and my flickr page.  My sister is coming up from London way for a visit this weekend and she's bringing with her a scanner i found on Gumtree for a decent price that should keep me going for now; so hopefully this weekend i will get some content uploaded.

  I have been getting very behind in writing up my darkroom records lately.  I normally just roughly jot everything i do down on a pad and then write it up later; but i spent about an hour over the weekend re-writing everything and frankly, it was time i could have used doing other things.  I decided to get myself organised and so in my free time at work i have created this template for you all to download.  Basically, its just a sheet for you to write down all your settings, processes and chemistry etc for each print you do.  Hopefully it will come in handy for some of you.

   I'm afraid i couldn't figure out how to get an image from excel to put into blogger so i have had to take a screenshot of it.  I'm not a member of any file hosting sites so if you want a copy of the spreadsheet just comment at the bottom of this blog with your email address and ill forward it to you.

Update: Ive managed to get it hosted on google docs so just get it from the link here.  Or you can still comment and ill send it you if you'd prefer.


  I should probably explain some of the sections on it.  First, film no and frame are just for how i personally store my negatives.  Each roll is cut up and put into dust sleeves, each sleeve is numbered as is each frame on the roll - so writing it on this sheet helps me sync up the print to the roll.  The process and chemistry section is just in case you are doing something other than standard black and white like lith printing; you'll be able to make a note of the chemicals used and the ratio of fresh developer to old brown etc.

  Anyway, hopefully some of you will find it to be of some use.  Once you have the excel file you can adapt it as you wish to fit your needs.

8 comments:

  1. Great this will help getting myself organized better, not one of my strong suites.

    ricusDOTstormfireATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It keeps opening in Google docs for me, and I can't figure out how to save it. Please send it to me.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, if you open it in google docs and then at the top left go to file>make a copy you should be able to save it. Failing that send me your email address and ill forward it to you.

      Delete
    2. sorry my mistake - go to file>download as and you will be able to save it to your computer for future use.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing, I uploaded the document

    ReplyDelete